Coffee Break
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Caught Live: Leona Lewis

+10
DebbyMilly
Pacitoben
Futureal
Kutox
Super_Ravi_Bopara
cherry2008
Sanlizellis
Haggler
Uniquelovely
Admin
14 posters

Go down

Caught Live: Leona Lewis Empty Caught Live: Leona Lewis

Post  Admin Tue Jun 01, 2010 9:53 am

Caught Live: Leona Lewis 99216990

LEONA LEWIS brought fantasy and faultless vocals to Liverpool last night as her Labyrinth tour got into full swing.
Three years after debut album Spirit, she claimed WHITNEY HOUSTON's old title as ballad champion of the world.

The X Factor winner, who opened in Sheffield this weekend, delivered a superb 19-song set for 11,000 fans.

I was worried about letting myself in for an evening awash with women on a girlie night out.

But while Leona doesn't dance much, the glam show - inspired by her favourite Eighties movie Labyrinth - is extremely entertaining thanks to expensive scenery, her mad imagination and an army of aerial performers, acrobats and dancers.

Leona emerged from the backdrop of misty castle ruins to the slow beat of Brave, sexing it up in thigh-high boots.

She later changed into a blue feathered number for Avatar theme I See You.

And the place came alive for her rave number Out Of My Head, mixed into Sweet Dreams by THE EURYTHMICS.

Other hits included Happy and, of course, Bleeding Love, which jostled with covers of SNOW PATROL's Run and ROBERTAFLACK's First Time Ever I Saw Your Face.

Speaking before the world-class two-hour performance, Leona said: "I'm so proud of what we have achieved and how the show looks."

And with Whitney's decline, there is no one to touch her when it comes to soulful power pop.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/showbiz/bizarre/2994703/Leona-Lewis-on-Labyrinth-tour-at-Echo-Arena-Liverpool.html

Last edited by Admin on Fri Jun 11, 2010 6:37 pm; edited 3 times in total

Admin
Admin

http://coffeebreak.niceboards.net

Back to top Go down

Caught Live: Leona Lewis Empty Re: Caught Live: Leona Lewis

Post  Uniquelovely Tue Jun 01, 2010 11:40 am

well done, she deserves all that she has worked for
Uniquelovely
Uniquelovely

Back to top Go down

Post  Haggler Tue Jun 01, 2010 11:42 am

The best winner of all X Factors ever! Alexander Burke should take a leaf out of her book,What a BIG headed person SHE is,cant stand her NOT because,shes a great singer(I cant even sing karaoke),just the way she presents herself in interviews,look at me iam here,please,please don't come on like the diva you think you are,it takes years,Leona Lewis,Pink,Madonna,now that's diva"s ,and many more before you!

Haggler

Back to top Go down

Post  Sanlizellis Tue Jun 01, 2010 11:43 am

I went to see Leona last night at the Echo Arena, she was great, but the sound was awful, quite a few fans asked for their money back. We just couldn't understand what she was singing. The bass was far to high and was drowning out her voice. I ended up complaining to the manager to, and they said they were going to speak to the sound person. It went slightly better in the ballads, but still unsetting as a fan. When are the Echo Arena going to employ someone to tell these sounds guys that they have to put the bass down when they come here. This happened when Lionel Richie and Simple Red played here, I actually walked out at the Lionel Richie concert.

Sanlizellis

Back to top Go down

Post  cherry2008 Tue Jun 01, 2010 3:05 pm

Well done Leaona. Alexandra has nothing on her Smile

cherry2008

Back to top Go down

Post  Super_Ravi_Bopara Tue Jun 01, 2010 3:06 pm

Her ONLY talent is that she can sing. She is not an artist.

I have far more respect for the likes of Gaga, who actually contribute to the creative process.
Super_Ravi_Bopara
Super_Ravi_Bopara

Back to top Go down

Post  Kutox Fri Jun 04, 2010 10:22 am

Yet another Whitney reference... why do we always have to compare our singers (especially those from X Factor) to American artists? Just because Simon Cowell hates British music and wants his singers to be all American doesn't mean the rest of us have to follow him.

Kutox

Back to top Go down

Post  Futureal Fri Jun 04, 2010 10:23 am

Super_Ravi_Bopara wrote:Her ONLY talent is that she can sing. She is not an artist.

I have far more respect for the likes of Gaga, who actually contribute to the creative process.

You are 100% WRONG. Leona is very much a complete artist and musician. She plays piano, guitar and co-wrote much of her second album. She also has a massive amount of input into the production of her songs, as well as her live performances and tour. I suggest you do your research before making such a bold claim.

Well done again Leona, can't wait to see you on Friday - you're doing yourself and Britain proud.

Futureal

Back to top Go down

Post  Pacitoben Fri Jun 04, 2010 10:27 am

Simply the best female solo artist since Celine Dion !!

Pacitoben

Back to top Go down

Post  DebbyMilly Fri Jun 04, 2010 10:28 am

I agree with Sanlizellis. I was there last night too and the sound was shockingly bad. It was such a shame as Leona hits the high notes so well but I was worried everytime one came up. The sound fluctuated between being loud and quiet so you couldnt make out the words. The show itself was great though and the stage and performers were amazing

DebbyMilly

Back to top Go down

Post  Genevieve28 Fri Jun 04, 2010 10:30 am

Leona Lewis is as boring as Katie Melua, and that is saying something!

Genevieve28

Back to top Go down

Post  Mimicapleton Fri Jun 04, 2010 10:31 am

SHE BORES THE HELL OUT OF ME! THERE IS NO WAY THAT I WOULD WASTE MY HARD EARNED MONEY TO SEE THIS IN CONCERT!

Mimicapleton

Back to top Go down

Post  Exservice Fri Jun 04, 2010 10:35 am

Mimicapleton...but you wouldnt waste your time reading about her,signing in and commenting? I think a lot of the negative comments are down to snobbery becase she won X factor,she cant be that bad given the tours and albums she has sold,good for her,nice to see someone good coming out of UK for a change,and she is still grounded and not turned into a Diva and still has her boyfriend from schooldays.
Exservice
Exservice

Back to top Go down

Post  FemmeFatale Fri Jun 04, 2010 10:37 am

I love Leona. She has a beautiful voice.
FemmeFatale
FemmeFatale

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down