Coffee Break
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Li-Lo gets fraud writ from boutique

+4
FemmeFatale
Ratty1234
TheBlackWidow
Admin
8 posters

Go down

Li-Lo gets fraud writ from boutique Empty Li-Lo gets fraud writ from boutique

Post  Admin Fri Jul 02, 2010 3:56 pm

TROUBLED actress LINDSAY LOHAN is being sued for fraud by a trendy Los Angeles boutique - over more than £11,000 in unpaid bills.
The Mean Girls star is said to have splashed out on £11,337 worth of clothes, jewellery and accessories at Church Boutique between last November and February.

But owners David Malvaney and Rodney Burns say that, despite repeated promises to pay, Lohan, 23, has coughed up just £120.

In the fraud suit, filed in Los Angeles Superior Court, the pair claim the star had "no intention" of paying. They want their money - plus "punitive damages".

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/showbiz/bizarre/usa/3038291/Li-Lo-gets-fraud-writ-from-boutique.html

Admin
Admin

http://coffeebreak.niceboards.net

Back to top Go down

Li-Lo gets fraud writ from boutique Empty Re: Li-Lo gets fraud writ from boutique

Post  TheBlackWidow Fri Jul 09, 2010 1:26 pm

yeah like we're all allowed to wander into a shop and rack up £11,000 worth of debt...

TheBlackWidow

Back to top Go down

Li-Lo gets fraud writ from boutique Empty Re: Li-Lo gets fraud writ from boutique

Post  Ratty1234 Fri Jul 09, 2010 1:27 pm

i love it how these days people go to court seeking their money back plus 'damages'.

Ratty1234

Back to top Go down

Post  FemmeFatale Fri Jul 09, 2010 1:28 pm

Oh Li-Lo. Where did it all go wrong?
FemmeFatale
FemmeFatale

Back to top Go down

Post  Wowwee Fri Jul 09, 2010 1:29 pm

Why would you not pay? Your minted!!!
Wowwee
Wowwee

Back to top Go down

Post  Jooles Fri Jul 09, 2010 1:30 pm

And she will get away with it..... would we??? i think not
Jooles
Jooles

Back to top Go down

Post  Melspearls Fri Jul 09, 2010 1:31 pm

If you see her twitter, most of her messages are about buying new clothes and handbags and shoes from online boutiques. She said the other day "Just bought the new Balenciaga at this website! you guys need to see it!". This girl will go down bad.

Melspearls

Back to top Go down

Post  BarryS Fri Jul 09, 2010 1:32 pm

Ratty1234 wrote:i love it how these days people go to court seeking their money back plus 'damages'.

The plus damages as you've mentioned are the additional costs incurred to you when someone doesn't pay. For example that £11K may have made this person go int debt with his/her bank so could be interest charges. The costs of sending letters and taking her to court and the hassle, inconvenience and basic out of pocket expenses since it all began. These are all justified costs and that is what anyone who is owed this amount should be entitled to. I would certainly request these if she owed me money.

BarryS

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum